Trying something a little different with today’s post and sharing 10 things I bet you didn’t know about me! One of my goals for the next few months is to be a bit more personal here on the blog. I know that some of you may have only started following along the past few months, so I thought we should get to know each other better. I love finding new friends in this little corner of the web, so drop me a comment about yourself and let’s connect! (Oh, and this perfect halter neck jumpsuit is just what you need for spring/summer. Its cropped pant leg is perfect for petites. Get it while it’s in stock!)
1. My last meal would be Bun Rieu, a Vietnamese crab soup.
2. I met my husband, who I call The Giant, at a fashion show in Chicago! I spotted his height across the runway so I made a bet with my friend about how tall he is. I walked across the room to find out, tapped him on the shoulders, and found myself face to face with a HAWT guy. Now ordinarily I’m not a shy person but this one here got me tongue-tied. The rest is history.
3. I have three boys. My favorite is my middle child, Rhys. He’s certainly not the most well-behaved of all my children, but he’s the most like me – a space cadet, emotional, and a social butterfly.
4. I was a competitive salsa dancer for four years. I won most of the local competitions that I participated in. When I was a kid, I always wanted to be a ballerina, so this is the closest I came to fulfilling my dream.
5. One thing I can’t live without … my kids… okay, and fake eyelashes. Not necessarily in that order!
6. Something I struggled with in the past is letting go of anger. I used to hold on to so much anger towards my family, but then I read some self-help type of book about 15 years ago that helped teach me how to let go of grudges. And just like that, like a light switch, I let it all go. I felt so free. I wish I could remember the name of that book!
7. If I could steal a celebrity’s wardrobe, it would be J.Lo.
8. On a whim one day, I decided to give out Free Hugs to people in Chicago. It was the most fulfilling experience I’ve ever had in my life. I rallied two of my friends and we stood on a street corner in the heart of the city with handmade signs, reading “FREE HUGS HERE!” Strangers approached me and said, “I needed that hug today” and “This made my week!”
9. My biggest fashion mistake was probably the teasing of my hair in the 80’s. Or maybe the skunk-like hair streaks? Gosh, I have so many regrets…
10. The most interesting stranger I ever met was this Greek man named Gus that I encountered on a bus in Chicago. He was old and lonely. We exchanged numbers and started chatting on the phone. He invited me over to his place, so I went! He lived in a retirement home and was so lonely. He said that me befriending him was the best thing that’s happened to him in years. He treated me like a daughter and even cooked me Greek meals! Unfortunately, over the years we lost touch.