1. Topshop black lace up flats // 2. Topshop leopard flats // 3. Dolce Vita bootie // 4. Sam Edelman fringe bootie // 5. Steve Madden stiletto bootie // 6. Kelsi Dagger Polianna boots // 7. UGG Australia tall boot // 8. Ivanka Trump over the knee boot
Assuming you don’t live in a bubble, I’m sure you’re all aware that lace up flats are all the rage this fall. (Heck, anything lace up, really, tops and dresses, too!) I was worried that the laces would give the appearance of cutting off the leg, making me look even shorter than I am. But I’m so pleased with this Topshop pair that I recently bought – the pointed toe is totally on trend and we all know black never goes out of style. (The leopard print flat is kinda calling at me, too. Rrrrrr!) The nice thing about a trend is that there are many options at different price points to choose from, so you don’t have to empty your entire wallet for the original Aquazzura pair that I saw earlier this spring/summer!
This UGG Australia boot is a stylish and functional option for both fall and winter. UGGs are seriously the warmest shoe around – you don’t even need to wear socks because of the UGGpure™ textile lining on the inside!
And guys, my favorite Kelsi Dagger Polianna boots are ON MAJOR SALE. Forty-two percent off, people! They’re good, like real good. With just the right amount of slouch and in the most gorgeous shade of rich tan, I’ve basically lived in them all fall so far.
So go ahead, get a leg up on some of fall’s hottest shoe trends and check out my favorites now!
Can you believe it’s already the second week of September? I don’t know if it’s because of having a new babe in the household, but this summer seemed to fly by extra fast. I’ve always loved dresses (see this post here), and this summer I’ve basically lived in one almost everyday. (Except for those times when I’m trying to keep you guys on your toes, like by wearing shorts or jeans!!)
Here I am wearing two of my favorite summer dresses, and then showing how they can be transitioned for fall. Before. After. Boom. Living in Chi-town, you can sure bet that I’m gonna stretch the life out of these summer babies for as long as I can! Here are five easy tips to take your summer dress (or any other summer favorite) into fall:
1. Add a layer. Jackets, vests, trenches, sweaters, and repeat.
2. Swap open toes for booties. When in doubt, add ankle booties. Bonus points if it has fringe!
3. Embrace denim. Tie that jean jacket around your waist! Drape it over the shoulder!
4. Reach for the summer dresses that have richer tones. I’m particularly lusting over wine, navy and hunter green this season. If you want to be non-traditional and wear your white dress after Labor Day, go for it – see tip 5!
5. Pair with cozy accessories and textures. Blanket scarves, anyone? All your whites will start looking fall appropriate if you pair with textures and accessories that sing of apple picking and pumpkin chai lattes.
Hope this inspires you to think outside the box and remix some of your old favorites in new ways!
Look 1: Before
Look 1: After
Look 2: Before
Look 2: After
What I Wore-
Red dress-Urban Outfitters
Denim jacket (old, but similar here)
Boots (old, but similar here)